I had to configure Linux OpenVPN(ver. 2.3) server and Mikrotik client. Seems easy. Connection was establishing normally, client got authentificated, and then error
Bad LZO decompression header byte: 69 arised. Packets were not transmitted over the connection and finally it was killed on
I tried not mentioning
comp-lzo at all, setting it to
auto and pushing it to the client:
push "comp-lzo no". But the error was still there.
Finally I figured out, that there is one more LZO-related option,
comp-noadapt, and it does the trick. I got stable working connection.
This option is supposed to make compression adaptive, allowing not to compress already compressed data, like transfer of large compressed file. I suppose, this adaptive algorithm somehow breaks
comp-lzo no option, at least for several first packets.
Hope this article will save you some time, that I had to lose on debugging this annoying error.