Pavel Selivanov, DevOps/SysOps.
I am not looking for a new job now.
I like to create reliable well-automated systems, that require minimal manual maintenance. I prefer Linux technology stack, but I can wotk with Windows as well. I am passionate about Open Source.
Voronezh, Russia. Relocation is possible.
- Russian - native speaker
Strong skills. I am good at this right now.
|Web Server/Balancer||nginx, haproxy|
|Web Application Firewall(WAF)||Naxsi|
|SQL DB||MySQL, Percona XtraDB Cluster|
|Monitoring||Zabbix, Elastic Stack(ELK)|
|Log shipping and analysis||Elastic Stack(Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), rsyslog|
|Security||Developing and maintaining PCI DSS Level 1 complaint infrastructure|
|Basic networking||static routing, VLANs, Firewalls: iptables|
|Virtualization, cintainers||LXC/LXD, Docker|
Optional skills. To use this I need to refresh my memory.
Things I used to work with some time ago.
|Virtualization||VMWare Server, VMWare ESXi,KVM/libvirt(Proxmox)|
|Operating Systems||Windows: Installation, configuration, maintenance of workstations(2000, XP, Windows 7)|
|Operating Systems||Windows: Installation, configuration, maintenance of Windows Server(2003, 2008r2). Terminal services.|
|Operating Systems||Windows: Active Directory: Group Polices, CIFS, WSUS|
|Hardware||Linux Software RAID(mdadm), “fake” RAID(dmraid)|
|Network equipment||CISCO, HP ProCurve, Mikrotik|
|Miscelanneous Unix services||FTP(vsftpd), HTTP(Apache2), logrotate, HTTP Proxy(squid+lightsquid), fail2ban, Mail(postfix).|
|VPN||PPTP, L2TP, ipsec|
|Distributed coordination system||Apache Zookeeper|
|Log shipping and analysis||Graylog(Elasticsearch-based solution)|
- Team player
- Experience in working by Agile methodology SCRUM
- 2019 - now: kassa.com(web payment integrator and other financial instruments for business)
Senior DevOps Engeneer:
- Cloud-based infrastructure
- Support and develop infrastructure compliant to PCI DSS(Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) Level 1
- Support and develop infrastructure for development, testing and deploy cycles for web applications
- 2017 - 2019: Freelance
- 2015 - 2017: s.r.o. Unitpay(web payment integrator)
Senior System Engeneer:
- Development and support of AWS-based infrastructure certified for PCI DSS(Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) Compliance Level 1
- Securing web application processing sensitive financial information
- Support of development and deploy cycle for rapidly developing web application
- 2014 - 2015: Yandex (search engine, advertizing, “russian google”,)
Engineer in operations department of Yandex.Direct
- Support and development of infrastructure for Yandex.Direct high load web services
- Signed very strict NDA, forbiding me to provide any more details
- 2013 - 2014: Zapadny bank(Bank. The company is closed now)
Leading specialist in department of banking telecommunication systems:
- Support and development of infrastructure for multiple branch offices
- Deploy of central software configuration system Ansible (example: github.com/selivan/ansible_ipmi_lan_manage)
- Development of Linux-based thin client build with extended functionality(open source part here: github.com/selivan/thinclient)
- Upgrade of system for automatic installation and configuration of servers for new branch offices
- Administration of internal services(ticket system OTRS, wiki, jabber)
- Assigning tasks to technical support engineers and monitoring their performance
- 2011 - 2013: Ircos (developer of radiofrequency monitoring hardware and software)
- Almost all job duties from “Radix-Tools”, because it entirely became new “Ircos” department, staying in the same office.
- Participated in development and support of distributed radio-monitoring system. Heterogeneous infrastructure: Linux, Windows, Mikrotik, HP. This system was working at 2013 Summer Universiade.
- 2012 - 2013: additional job: Voronezh State University, teacher. Unofficial job, I was replacing official teacher.
- Course “Operating System GNU/Linux Introduction”. Learning materials: github.com/selivan/gnu_linux_intro
- Course “Administration of information systems”, actually extension of previous course and networking basics. Learning materials: github.com/selivan/gnu_linux_intro Video of lectures: youtube
- 2009 - 2011: Radix-Tools (software development company)
- Administration of network and servers: Linux(Debian, Fedora), Windows 2003
- Proxy, firewall, VPN
- Collaboration services: wiki, bug tracker, task tracker, VCS(svn, mercurial), jabber, mail
- Configuration and support of monitoring system(Zabbix) and backup system(Bacula)
- Purchase and repair of computers and office equipment
- 2008 - 2009: BITS (system integrator and technical support)
- Administration of Linux servers(basically Suse), Windows 2003
- Maintenance of Windows(2000, XP) workstations: network, office programs, bank clients, printers/scanners
- Maintenance of the physical LAN structure
- CISCO CCNA(passed the exam in June 2014, valid until July 2017). Verification Number: 418424169331DNCH. Check URL: www.ciscocertificates.com/verify.cfm
- Microsoft Certifications:
- 270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional
- 290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment Check URL: mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/validatemcp.aspx, Transcript ID 858475, Access Code selivan86
- University degree 2003-2009
University: Voronezh State University
Department: Department of algebra and topological methods of analysis
Qualification: Specialist(intermediate degree between bachelor and master)
- Additional degree 2007-2009
University: Voronezh State University
Qualification: Systems engineer(specialist on operations of hardware-software complexes of Computers and Networks).